Thursday, February 18, 2010

Nuturing Update

It's getting harder!
I think our whole household is PMSing.

However, I am keeping my goal in mind about nuturing our children more.

But, today I am working on nuturing myself.

Something I hadn't thought about before.

I woke up in a funk....bad mood.....luckily, Mike is on a golf trip with his buddies to St. George. He won't have to deal with me.

The kids are not lucky to be stuck with me and so I am trying extra hard to be kind.

So far, so good.

Earlier, as I was drying Amanda's hair and she was missing the bus, I was thinking to myself, I missed my 5:30am weight class...what am I going to do for me today? As I was driving Amanda to school (she was mad because I made her miss the bus by doing her hair and finishing her jobs), I was vacillating between doing no exercise, doing weights on my own, going for a walk later tonight (putting it off), doing a exercise dvd or getting on my treadmill, I was about to give up. Doing nothing was sounding so good!


This whole week in my constant battle with my weight, I have been working out really hard. Running, stair machine, weight class, spin class....it's what has gotten me through this week!


Thank goodness

I talked myself into getting on the treadmill! (This is not me, don't be confused-ha, ha:)
I think it may have saved my day! I struggled so hard getting through the first 2 miles, but once I found a groove, I went 5!

A new personal record!


Running and spinning

have become more of a mental savior for me

I have had a lot of stress in the past year

Really, who hasn't


But finally I am doing better at making sure I am

Happy

and mentally sound
I decided to blog about this today to remind me....on those days like today....what I can do to nuture myself. Everyone wins in the end when Mommy does this first. I do have a goal to get outside and run. I know it's harder than my treadmill.

But, we'll just take one goal at a time!


4 comments:

Tiffany said...

This is so TRUE!!! Way to go!! I actually find it ten times easier to run outside than on my stupid treadmill!! Especially in Spring! Are we still getting together next weekend?

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

I think it's easier to run outside too. But harder to find the time. I still need to run today too. And I totally wimped out on my workout this morning at 6:00. I've been feeling crappy about it all day so I can relate. But at least you did get onto the treamill which I still haven't done yet. Ugh. And I'm super impressed with your 5 miles!! I can't do that. I can barely eek out 3. How sad is that?

Makell said...

5 miles÷! That is awesome!! I didn't know you were running, and I think that is fantastic. I am going about 2 miles right now, and it ain't pretty. Sad, but I can barely stand the treadmill anymore. You've motivated me!

Jill said...

Thanks, gals! Someday I'll outside with ya'll. But, Makell....you've done a half marathon (and didn't you do a whole marathon, too?) Can't fool me! :)