Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Joyful Noise!

I had my annual (sometimes semi-) piano recital on Friday night.
l to r: Morgan, Keturah, Amanda, Dillon, Casey, Nick, Suzie, Sam, Alaina, Nate, Steph and Missy in front.

Usually, I try to have it at the library so the kids can play on a baby grand, but this year I couldn't get there to get it reserved. It was much easier to do it at the church....and so I did. Having at the church also meant I could serve refreshments and gave me time to visit with my student's parents. The library charges more $$ if you bring food.

Another thing I tried this year was dividing my students into 2 groups for 2 separate recitals. This worked out nicely. Each recital was shorter and the room wasn't too crowded. All my students were ready, but some suffered from nerves and struggled a little. It was really neat to see their determination in getting through their performance and they played beautifully!

l to r: Braydon, Maddy, Lindsey, Sydnie, Matt, Preston, Allie, Rachel & me (my Sydney as well as Dallin, Marissa, & Megan Barlow missed the picture)

I didn't have too many beginning students this year. So it was really fun to see how each student had improved in the past year.

1 comment:

Makell said...

I'm impressed with how you do it all - you should be proud of what you've built up!