Saturday, February 20, 2010

Amanda's 5th grade program

Our girl in green!
Last week, Amanda and the 5th grade put on their annual program. I have to say that I really enjoyed this program! The songs were great and the performances were really cute. Amanda told me that I would cry during a certain part. They sang a patriotic song and then asked anyone who served in the military or had any family members who have served or are serving stand. I was excited to be able to stand on behalf of my brother, Evan, who is currently in the Air Force. As the audience was applauding, the waterworks started. Luckily, I was standing next to my friend, Melanie, who's father served in Vietnam and she was crying, too!
Amanda had two speaking parts.
Amanda did a few of the props. She made this poster which they used during a song about the Underground Railroad.

Amanda with some of her friends, Maddy, Allison and Liz

With Daddy and Bubba

The rest of the group....Liz, Susie, Maddy and Hanalee
Great job, Amanda!
We are proud of you!

1 comment:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Isn't the 5th grade program impressive? I think out of ALL the MANY programs that I have watched over the years, the 5th grade program was my favorite. (It might have helped that Julianne had a big solo...this was last year, of course.)