Thursday, March 26, 2009

I love my garden!

Guess what I did yesterday in between rainstorms? I planted peas! Have I told you how much I love the boxes Mike made for me! We did 'Square Foot Gardening' last year and I LOVE it!


Usually my garden is a weedy mess about month after planting. These boxes and the mixture we put in them made a fabulous garden last year!



The best part was that I didn't have to do any prep work yesterday in order to plant! I went outside with my pea packets, pulled about 3 weeds and a stray carrot (still orange and ready to eat), and planted my little pea seeds!



I haven't ever planted peas before because my garden is NEVER ready in March! I'm so excited! And even though there is snow on my boxes this morning and it is stinkin' cold, I know in a few short weeks we can eat fresh garden peas! Wahoo!

3 comments:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

I LOVE peas! But my garden boxes aren't ready yet...they're still in progress. They're on the list for next week after we get Brandon's baptism and the big family gathering done. I will envy you your peas. But I am excited to have zuchini and tomatoes and green peppers. I think we're going to do basil and cilantro too. I can't wait! It's been YEARS since I had garden!

Tiffany said...

You are sooo domestic! I am impressed! With Jan Dickson, we have more than enough fresh veggies all summer long so I never have to worry about it. Pretty lucky, eh?

Makell said...

I love your flower boxes, too! Good on ya for getting the peas in the ground so soon. Will you come do mine??