Friday, December 19, 2008

Our girl


Amanda got to go skiing with the 4th grade yesterday at Snowbasin. This girl LOVES to ski! She loves the story of her Norwegian Great-Grandpa who helped bring skiing to Utah and skied with Alf Engen. The girls say because of this, skiing is in their blood!
She woke up at 6 am, super-excited! We got her all ready and then I took her over to school at 7:15am. She wanted me to come inside with her until it was time to go. I had a good time just chatting with her and her friend, Kiley.
When it came time to go, she gave me a big hug. Then, she gave me another big hug. I even asked her if she was ok because it was such a big long hug. She said, 'Ya' and then gave me another hug. I don't know why I wondered that, but I love that she still will give her Mom a big hug, even in front of her friends!
She had a GREAT time and later that afternoon, I came into the family room after I finished teaching piano and this is what I found. A beautiful, tuckered-out, skiing, mama's girl!
(She really is a Daddy's girl, so just for today, I taking her as my girl!)

3 comments:

Makell said...

Let's get her and Eva up on the slopes soon - -

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Such a fun field trip! Julianne LOVED it last year. It was the first time she'd ever been skiing. And she did exactly what Amanda did...came home and zonked. :) Amanda looks so sweet.

Cath said...

That is so sweet! Her affection for her Arveseth heritage. What a great girl she is!