Monday, August 25, 2008

Hmmmm

Where to start? It's Monday night. First day of school. And I find myself vegging on the computer while Mikey is getting in a power nap. We NEED to be getting the kids their school blessings, getting them to bed (I wouldn't be surprised if I go into the family room and find him asleep-BAD). So, instead of doing what I NEED to do...I'm going to post!

I want to remember that we went to lunch with a bunch of our fun friends for Mikey's birthday a couple of weeks ago. We tried to gather all the August birthday friends and Mike's friends-Kerry & Reed (and their wives), but in the end...this was the crowd. Elise & Darin J., Emily & Scott H., Kerry & Makell W and us. We went to Market Street downtown (we love that place), but found it weirdly not busy, probably due to the insane amount of construction. We had a GREAT time! Good food and fun friends...thanks to all that came...you made it a memorable birthday for Mikey!

We spent the next night (Sunday) at a neighborhood gathering at the Jarmans. We first drove to North Fork...the site of the upcoming ward campout...to check it out one more time. When we got home, we had Mikey's parents come to wish him Happy Birthday! So, we had an impromptu dinner with them before we ran to the neighbors. Thanks to Jim & Renae for doing the dishes....completely unnecessary, but absolutely appreciated. We had a great visit at the Jarmans and with the neighbors that only live on the next street, but because they are in the 'other ward' we hardly get to chat.

Now, Mike has arisen from his power nap and we are going to do FHE. I will continue to update at a later time! Ciao!

1 comment:

Makell said...

I have fond memories of yummy food and great conversation from that night - - - Thanks for the treat!! (Even with all of Kerry and Mikes 'alternative lifestyle' jokes.) Dorks! and I mean dorks in the cute way:)