Friday, June 6, 2008

School's out party - Part II

We postponed Amanda's school's out party a couple of days because of RAIN! But, today was still COLD and RAINY! But, once again, her friends decided to try the slide and had a great time. When they weren't sliding, they were doing karaoke and playing hide and seek in the house. Amanda was a very cute hostess and ended up playing with Maddy L. for a long time after the party. Brandon and I ran a ton of errands today. The bulk of the time was spent driving around construction! Every road up here is torn up! The other thing I couldn't believe today was that it took $100 to fill up the gas tank in my car! And I put the cheap grade in!!! Unreal.....

I do have to say today, that I am so grateful for the time Mike spent as YM President in our prior ward. We had the cutest bunch of boys in his Priests Quorum. We ran into one boy last weekend at the garden store. Brody R and his twin brother, Brandon, are such cute boys who now have darling wives and each has a baby of their own! I was thinking tonight that I had Amanda while Mike was in YM's and she was the age of their babies now! We had all of them over for dinner tonight and it was so great to visit and reminisce about the old days. Brody now lives only about 3 miles from us and Brandon is pretty close, too. Our kids had a great time entertaining their kids and Sydney wants to tend Brody's little girl 'everyday.' Those times were really fun and I didn't even mind the time Mike had to spend away from us because we just loved these boys and Mike loved his time as their leader. We even pulled out the scrapbooks and found the picture of the 'moon' under Delicate Arch. Good times.....

2 comments:

Hillary said...

You have been one busy girl! Not just all the parties and errands, but blogging too. I was excited when I opened it up and saw so many new posts.

That waterslide looks like lots of fun! I bet you'll get lots of use outta that.

Makell said...

That is like to mother of all slip and slides....Holy Cow! My kids can never see that.....:)