Monday, January 1, 2007

Here I am!


Here I am..entering the world of blogging! I have enjoyed reading Jamie's blog for a year and she has inspired me! I figure this can be some kind of journal for me. Now that my bro, D, is also blogging....(and I am learning so many things about him), I'm jumping on-board!

To explain my title: Mike and I find ourselves saying this a lot lately. "It's a good thing you're cute, or you'd be outta here!" We say it to the kids and to the new dog. (We are, of course, kidding when we say it to the kids). Yes, we added a new member to our family at Christmastime!
I was talking another baby, so Mike got me a dog!

We took the kids to pick him out and since Sydney chose which dog, Amanda got to name him. Here is the tribute to our favorite movie (of the week), 'Cars'....the dog's name is Mater. "You know, like ta-mater, but without the ta!" He's a little (maybe 3 pound) Shih Tzu that looks like an Ewok from Star Wars. So far, everyone loves him, but the house-training thing is horrible! Our previous dogs were outside dogs and thus house training was a breeze! Mater is an indoor dog and already very spoiled and has NO CLUE when it comes to the proper place to potty!


We just returned from a fabulous few days in warm St. George. We love to visit the home there and go every chance we get. The kids love it and we get a chance to visit with Aunt Kay & Uncle Bud. We love and miss them, so it's fun to go hang with them in their beautiful new home. Last night (New Year's Eve), they had us over for dinner. Yummy tri-tip steaks. I am always amazed how Kay (and Bud is getting great at this) on the spur of the moment and with a couple trips to the fridge, can whip up an amazing and nutrious dinner! My idea of whipping up dinner is Easy Mac...3 minutes in the nuker! Sometimes scrambled eggs if I'm feeling domestic!
So, thanks to the 3 people (including me) that will read my blog. Hope it's fun!

2 comments:

d.r. gib said...

Kat and I are excited to read your blog now. Next time we are together around a computer remind me to show you how to add links.

Jamie and Family said...

Hooray! I'm so happy you joined the blogging world!! Welcome! I'll look forward to keeping up on things with your family!

Jamie