Friday, May 30, 2014

Last week of school

An update for the girl's last week of school….
 Sixth grade 'So you think you can dance' Show and contest.  The audience voted on their favorite.  Sydney was in Thriller and it WON! Great job, Sydney!  Paige Nelson is on left, she was in 'Happy'  Sage and Sydney were in Thriller :)
 Here they are finding out they won and then taking a bow



 Amanda won an award for Outstanding Academic Achievement.  Meaning she maintained a 3.7 GPA or higher her 3 years at Centennial and scored high on some national test.  Way to go Amanda!
Above, she is shaking Mr Williams hand and on her way to shake Principal Mr Hogge's hand
Notice her cute surgery shoe again…..she getting pretty fast!
 Here she is with Susie and Liz and Tanner LeBaron and I don't know the other kid.
 After this awards night, they had a 9th grade dance out in front of the school.  They don't do promotion, which is kinda sad. I remember that was such a big deal for Mike & me.  But, they had a great time at the dance and then just showed up to sign yearbooks today (the last day of school)
The sixth grade also had a dance, but this was on Wednesday.  The theme was Under the Big Top/Circus. Rachel Orison was in charge, so of course it was way awesome.  I helped decorate for a few minute before I had to go home to teach.  Then, I showed up to take some pictures. I thought Sydney would be mortified that I showed up, but she ran right up to me and told me all about the dance!

There was a 'photo booth' and I encouraged all the girls and boys groups that were good friends through elementary school to get a picture.  Some of them complied.  But, then they all disappeared so Sydney & Nate Conger could get a picture.  Nate is not her boyfriend, but they like each other. She went to his baseball game on Tuesday.  Heaven help us!!
L to R: Addy, Paige, Konnor Mann, Sydney, Nate, Zac Bingham, Josh Harwood, Payton C. and Cole Arbon
 Sydney and John Reeves (the kid likes her) and Addy.
Girls messing around!

No comments: