Sunday, May 18, 2014

Easter and St George quick trip

 Round 3 of tubes for Brandon!  He got them in April 15th.  He's a trooper and threw up coming out of it, but he can hear again!!
Then, Thursday morning I got a call from my Mom. She and Dad are in St George visiting Bug & Kay and Dad had to be rushed to the ER late Wednesday night.  His hernia and his intestines were playing ball and that's not good.  After surgery, he was having a hard recovery. Darin ran down there on Thursday to be with Mom and sleep over with Dad at the hospital so Mom could rest.  I ran down on Saturday to help get him home.  When I got there, it didn't look like he'd get home until Monday. Then, after we verified that he could start solid food, he started getting better quickly! By Sunday late afternoon, we were on the road home!
 Car selfie while waiting for Mom to get the prescriptions filled.  We all felt he would recover faster at home and being able to sleep in his own bed would be the best thing.

 The only sad part about going to St George to help my parents was that I missed Easter.  Here are pictures from Mike & the kids.

We are so grateful that the drive home was uneventful and that my Dad's surgery had a happy outcome. His color in his face even looks better than before the surgery and I know he's lost some weight since.  Things continue to get better and better….

No comments: