Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Day after Christmas

 These cute girls wanted to go snowboarding.  They had a sleepover at Maddy's house and then Maddy's dad took them up to Snowbasin in the morning.  There was a serious snowstorm blowing through northern Utah.  (the girls are cute even with their eyes closed!)

I had volunteered to go pick them up.  It was a scary drive!  I was in Mike's truck, so there were a couple of sliding moments on the way to the ski resort.  But, the I made it and the snow was beautiful!
That night, Amanda was busy, Sydney was busy and Brandon had an indoor soccer game in Woods Cross.  Mike & I were to go to dinner with my bros and wives for our Christmas gifts to each other and since the snowstorm was so bad we took Brandon with us.  We had originally worked out to drop him at my parent's house while we went to dinner, but because we had to drive so slow, we just took him with us so we could almost be on-time.  If we had made the stop at the grandparents, we would have missed the dinner altogether!
 We ate at Porcupine Grill.  It was fun! Great food and great company! I love this new tradition of just getting together on the 26th.  Love you guys!  We made it home driving as slow as we had made it to the dinner, but a great night!
And, here is the view out my kitchen window. I get to look at this every time I do dishes, etc.  It's beautiful covered by snow in the winter, with all the green leaves in the summer and the color of the fall.  I love it!

No comments: