Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Temple Square Lights!

For FHE, we headed downtown to see the Lights!  We stopped and picked up Mikey and then went to Crown Burger for dinner.  You can park at Crown B for free if you have eaten there.....so we did and walked the couple of blocks to Temple Square.
 First stop was the Nativity. We got front row seats (well, standing) and when I tried to take the kid's picture, this is what I got.  Nice.
 Always beautiful lights!
 We went into the Tabernacle for a minute and Mikey told the kids his story of his tv debut.  He and his family were at a Choir broadcast one Sunday morning and he was playing with the rope holder (those clips that they hang the red rope on when they are roping off a section) and snapped it right during a silent moment and it rang throughout that acoustically awesome building like a gunshot!
 Next, we walked up by the temple.  Brandon and Sydney each have a picture of them in front of the temple and we blew it up onto a canvas and it hangs in their room. I have been talking about doing this with Amanda and so I decided to try and get a good shot tonight.  She got tired of me taking pictures of her, but she looks so pretty!


 Then, B and Syd wanted their pictures by the temple....

 So cute!


 Below is the winning temple shot for Amanda! I'll get it bigger and on canvas soon!

 Brandon taking a needed rest after he decided it was now boring.  Goodness, this kid needs an attitude adjustment most days!
 Syd and Mike's temple pictures!
 This was a gorgeous spot! When we first got there we were alone. By the time I took this last picture, it was like a ward party!

 Sydney needed ice cream afterwards, so Mike took us to Leatherby's on North Temple. I had no idea there was a Leatherby's on N. Temple....
 For sure, all our eyes were bigger than our stomachs!



A great Family Night! I'm so glad we made it to the lights this year.  We didn't make it last year and it wasn't quite right.....Love my family!

3 comments:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Two things:
First...there's a Leatherby's on North Temple????? I always go all the way down to Taylorsville! (Of course, that's where my parents live so we're going there all the time anyhow.) But still!! This is good to know!
Second...I LOVE that you take pictures of your kids in front of the temple and then blow it up big to put in their rooms! What a wonderful and constant reminder of what's truly important! Can I copy you??

Jill said...

Yes! Copy me...I guess it was said in General Conference once? But, I did it before then...just for the record. :)

Natty said...

Love these pictures, Jilly! I love that idea too. I hope you're feeling better. It sounds like you had a relaxing little getaway. This weather is for the birds... I feel like I never see ANYONE! Loves.