Monday, December 19, 2011

On the 2nd week of Christmas....

I really felt more in control of the chaos last week....then Mike & I went out of town!  We went to Denver for Baileys' party there.  It was a lot of fun.  The night we got in we went to dinner and a movie with Spencer and Tyra.  Thursday, the boys worked all day, so Tyra and I went shopping.  Denver has some great shopping!  Friday, Mike had to work a couple of hours in the morning. Joneses and Whiteheads flew home. I caught a cold.  I worked on the girl's friend presents while I waited for Mike to get off work.  Then, we shopped a little, went to lunch, went to a movie, went to dinner and then crashed back at the hotel.  It was a nice break and they had sun over there!  The Wasatch Front has been in a yucky inversion for too long.  
On the plane on our way home, there was a serviceman sitting in the first row.  We were 2nd row, so I stopped to ask which branch he was in, told him about Evan, asked if he was on his way home and said thank you.  I watched as a few more people boarding the plane said thank you for your service.  Some just smiled, others pretended they didn't see him.  When we landed in SLC, I watched as he grabbed his gear and then headed outside to find his ride.  For some reason, it was touching to me to see him come home.  He is on leave until January 6th and then he's being deployed.
Anyway, my parents stayed with the kids one night and then Danna Stuart stayed the rest of the time. The kids loved her and said she made the best cheesy ramen and I have to learn how to make it!
After we rested for an hour, we headed down to Murray to Mike Horne's 30th birthday party. Mike was one of Mike's priests when we lived in Murray.  I'm so happy these boys continue to stay in touch with us!  A good handful of the boys were there and it was so fun to see them and see their kids!
Now, today was Sydney's 4th grade ski field trip. Mike went with her. There isn't much snow, but they had a great time.  Mike texted me about noon and said come up for lunch.  When I exited Hwy 89 heading east toward the turn for Snowbasin, I could see it....the SUN!  It was beautiful and warm (even though it was only 20 degrees)
I hung out for awhile, talked Sydney into going on another ski run with Brooke Karras.  Mike had gone on a run with Brian Bisk and a bunch of 4th grade boys.  We got a picture with Santa and then I headed home.
 The girls wanted tickets to the David Archuleta concert for their birthday presents.  Tonight is the night!  Here is Amanda making out with a pretend David....Sydney wouldn't do it!
 Dad and his dates!

 Girls at the show!
 They were so excited! The concert just ended and Mike texted to tell me that David announced he is going on a mission!  There was speculation if he was too well-known, but good for him!  He also had promoted a charity/sponsorship of African kids, so we now have our 4th child....a 3 1/2 year old named Brian from Uganda.  More on that as soon as I know more! All I know is that my hubby and my girls are very soft-hearted!

It's the week of Christmas! Only 2 more days until the kids are home for Christmas break.  Only a few more presents left to buy.  A few treats left to make and friend gifts to deliver! Evan & Jamie and their 4 kids get here tomorrow.  I won't be able to go to see them until Friday, but we are so happy they are here!  Amanda gets to take a snowboarding lesson this week and plans are in the works with my birthday sister for pedis and lunch on Wednesday!  Merry Christmas!


No comments: