Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Rockerfeller Plaza

I have just a couple minutes right now, so I thought I quickly post...
 Here are the kids at 'our stop' at the subway.  21st Street in Queens.  Each kid really wanted to be able to master sliding the metro card and going through the turnstile.  Well, by the last day, all of them could do it!!!
 Our first stop was Rockerfeller Plaza.  We were going to go to the top of 30 Rock.  This is the first time we have done this as it's only been open a short time. We bought tickets and had about an hour to kill before our time.  I loved the topiary...isn't it cool?
 So, we explored the plaza.  Brandon zeroed in on the Lego store.  He, Mike & Sydney went in there while Amanda and I waited outside on the bench. Amanda was not feeling well.  Not a good way to start! Luckily, she perked back up after some ibuprofen.  When we got home, we realized after a trip to the doctor that she had strep! We just kept her dosed up the whole trip and we got through it! What a trooper!

 The ice skating rink and iconic statue.
 We also walked through St. Patrick's Cathedral. What a beautiful building!  Great discussions with the kids about the differences between the Catholic Church and our Church.

Mike also had the kids give a donation in this church to help the poor. 

1 comment:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Oh, you are making me homesick!! :) haha. My hotel was right across the street from Rockefeller Plaza and on the same street as St. Patricks Cathedral. So that is the area that I got to know very best while I was in NYC for that week back in May. I so desperately want to go back!!! So glad you guys had such a fun time!