Monday, October 31, 2011

While we were in SC...Amanda turned 13!!!

We officially have a teen-ager! YIKES!
Actually, Amanda is a great kid and we love her to pieces!

Mike & I got home from Charleston on Sunday night late.  We had a fun lunch with Spencer and Tyra and great discussion about modesty. They have 3 darling girls and 2 cute boys.  They have been very adamant about modesty in their home.  We have traveled with them to Lake Powell and it is a no bikini  zone. Now that their boys are married, both their spouses are bikini wearing gals and they have to tell them they are not allowed to wear them on vacations with the family.  We got great advice from them about raising our girls.

ANYWAY, Amanda's cute friends came and decorated her room! A lot of the streamers are still up, including the door fringe....





 Brandon and Sydney did her candy poster.


 Mike & I left the 'Taylor Swift perfume and cute bag' for her.



My Mom made her a cake and had my Dad come up for dinner. 
My Mom is nice enough to make chicken pillows which are Amanda's favorites!
My Mom after going to church with the kids and Amanda was in charge until we got home.  I had my Mom wash our sheets, but not make our bed because it's hard to make.  Being the great, thoughtful kids they are, the kids surprised us by making our bed! That was awesome, kiddos!

On Tuesday (because Mrs. Backer's isn't open on Monday), we picked up her cake and celebrated as a family.


Here are 13 things about this cute girl!
1.  She is fun-loving and likes to tease.
2.  She loves soccer and all the girls on her team.
3.  She loves dance.  She's taking both ballet and hip hop.
4.  She 'texts' over 3,000 texts per month.
5.  She is a major Utah fan.
6.  She likes a boy just moved to Brazil with his family.
7.  Brazil boy is not the only boy she likes.
8.  She is loving jr. high and refuses to miss school.
9.  She got all A's first term.
10. Amanda gets along with everybody.  She is a loyal friend.
11.  She has a great smile!
12.  Amanda is thoughtful and has a big heart and she loves babies!
13.  She is the best 13 year old daughter! We love you, cute girl!!!

3 comments:

Natty said...

I love your cake tradition and the candy bar poster brings back memories for me! We love Amanda at our house! She was so good to Drake (and me!) during the summer. p.s. can't wait for the new crush to move into the neighborhood;)

Heidi Green said...

I love this gal! It looks like her birthday was a roaring success. :)

And, I cannot believe the 2nd installation of pictures from your trip. I wasn't expecting to see such variety... you guys did some fun stuff. It looked like it was a fabulous time!!

Do anything you can afford said...

It was fun to re-think my time at your house. I love your kids, they are very easy to be with. I'm glad you had a great trip