Tuesday, October 25, 2011

'Deep Sea' Fishing - Myrtle Beach

Our second day, we were slated for Deep Sea Fishing! We were envisioning big boats and reeling in some marlin!  We we got was a cattle car/boat where we were taken 17 miles off shore and just dropped lines into the water!
It was still tons of fun, though!  The ocean is beautiful! We saw some beautiful red colored jellyfish.
 Mike & decided to have a fishing contest. True to being a Gibson, I only caught 5, while Mike caught 15!  There was one way to win big though...and it was to catch a shark!
 I started making Mike kiss the fish he was catching.....
 I still think my fish were bigger...
 We didn't catch a shark, but Spencer caught 2 and Tyra caught 1! Crazy!
I thought this was a cool shot.  As we went out of the bays, there were awesome lake houses and then lots of fisherman in dingy boats fishing for dinner. :) Quite the experience!  Ya, and Mikey was the winner of our little contest.....there, I said it.

2 comments:

Roger Gibson said...

Um, you're supposed to kiss them on their fish lips. Guess you'll have to go back an do it right.

Jill said...

Ok, that works for me!!!