Friday, August 19, 2011

Papa Arvy's birthday

We had a family birthday party for Grandpa the same day Boy's Camp was over. Mike was pretty beat, but we made it down to SL anyway. Can't miss the chance to hang out with cousins and celebrate Grandpa! Grandma had bought balloons and we all released them into the air to celebrate Grandpa's birthday.
Yum! Backer's Birthday Cake and homemade ice cream! Eliza, Brandon and Sami
After dinner, I tried to get pictures of everyone. Alisa and Matt were awol and I think I missed Ali and Emily.....but I was pretty close on everyone! Here's Kelsi hanging onto the balloon she wanted to take home.
Birthday boy and Catherine
Spencer and Gordon.....loving the sugar rush!
Grandma, Gregory and Matt (oh I did get Matt.....and Kaili was on a date)
The entertainers: Sydney and Maddie. Amanda texting....
Jim & Kateryne and Kellie
Zac and Ryan
Scott......Mike had gone downstairs and crashed on the couch :)
I wandered around to the front yard to see this 'keep away' game happening. I think that Zac and Ryan had gone out front to play catch with their football.....but as soon as Amanda, Sydney, Brandon and Maddie found out, it quickly became a game of keep away!
Zac isn't too happy about the girls getting the football!
Take down! Amanda gets the ball before Brandon!
Flies up! Brandon was loving hanging with the boys and he even tackled Ryan! Ryan is over 6 feet tall and B took him down!
Amanda does not want me taking pictures....but I thought this game was so much fun! Impromptu, made-up rules and cousins.....that's how I remember growing up and playing with cousins. It was just pure fun!
Zac and Brandon fighting for the ball!
This kid spent a lot of time on the ground, but he couldn't have been happier! Thanks Grandpa for having a birthday so we could party!!!

No comments: