Sunday, May 1, 2011

Gibby Easter Party

Oh, this weather. We were hoping that if we had a party on April 30th that it would be warm. But, nope! We had the Gibson's up for the Easter party yesterday. We spent the morning cleaning up the yard-first opportunity we have had over a weekend. We even mowed in the short snow flurries we had. The rest of the day was nice, but very cold!

We had Brandon miss his soccer game because it was too hectic. Amanda had her rec game at 3:30p. Everyone was coming about 4:00pm. Mike and I watched her game until Sydney called to alert us that our first guests arrived. We ran home and started getting the food out while waiting for the others.

Eventually, everyone arrived! I ran back to get Amanda from her game. She played her heart out today! So fast, aggressive, attacking the ball....it was great!

We had to eat quick and then Amanda had her comp game at 6:00pm. Mike, Roger & Darin went to watch her and I think it was fun for everyone! Amanda got some great tips from her awesome soccer playing uncles, too! (Below: Roger, Kate & Garrett by the fire!)The rest of us did the Easter egg hunt, continued to roast marshmellows over the firepit that Mike got started before he left and let the kids play with the dog! (Below, Ari running for eggs!)I thought the kids would be scared of the dog, but when I asked Isaac how the dog was, he exclaimed, 'He was Great!' So cute!

I only got these few pictures. I was also taking some with my Mom's camera.....



Sydney getting serious...

Zach & Brandon. Brandon bag flying behind him as he gathers the eggs!
The bad news is that Sydney started complaining about being sick right after everyone left (at bedtime). We told her to go to sleep and let's see if it gets better...


Well, she was up at 7:30am and still feeling awful. I took her in to the Instacare and yep, she has strep! I dropped off her prescription, took her home, showered and went back to pick up the prescription.

I usually check my meds when I pick them up and today was no exception. Weird...I only had 4 days worth of antibiotics for her. I drove back through the drive-through and asked the pharmacist, telling her how the doc was having a hard time 'doing the math' (his words) today. Now I was nervous, hoping they gave her the right dose! She got right on it and when she returned, she said she screwed up the math! What? Aren't you supposed to be good at math if you are a pharmacist? Yikes! I see how she messed up, but am so glad that I went back to question what we have been given.

So far, Sydney feels crappy. I'm worried about all the little kids that were here last night.

We went to church - minus Syd - and I got released from YW and put into nursery. I don't really have a problem with nursery, but I have a big problem with leaving YW. As the girls said good-bye and hugged me today I was a mess....tears, make-up smudging, my cute leader friends wishing me good luck....The Bishop talked to me today and asked me if I'm ever going to talk to him again.....:) He said he was praying about me in nursery for 3 weeks and knew I'm supposed to be there....all right, I'll take his word for it! ;) I'm going to REALLY miss my girls, my fellow leaders and being in YW with Amanda. But, on to a new adventure-

and hopefully warmer weather!

3 comments:

Natty said...

I'm sorry the strep has come to your house again! But I'm so excited you are Drake's nursery leader! I know you're sad but the Morgans sure are grateful for your new calling!

Jill said...

Drake is the reason I am accepting the calling :)

Makell said...

We just need to clone you do you could stay in both places! That is really difficult- especially when you become so close to the girls and they love you just as much. The problem is that you are one of those people that everyone is always asking for, so you may just have to get used to change:)