Friday, June 11, 2010

End of the school year

We had to work on Amanda's science fair project while on vacation because it was due on June 1st! A lot of parents had problems with that fact. I got to talk to the teacher who is the parent/teacher liason and let her know we didn't like parent projects that close to the end of school (this was in addition to their 'invention convention' and 'autobiography' Anyway, here is the finished project! She did a great job!
On the 2nd, Amanda had an autobiography presentation that Mike attended while I went with Sydney's class to the zoo! Here is Sydney's group, Addi and Kennady with Sydney in front of the tiger. Then we stopped and I bought them ice cream sandwiches (which made me a cool mom) where we met up with Kennady's mom, Terra. It was a fun day and I enjoyed spending the time with Sydney. We ended our zoo time with a visit to the current exhibit-nightmare creatures. We saw spiders, snakes and bats-which by the way were not in a cage!!! Bleh!
I took Sydney home and didn't send her on the bus or back to school. We picked up Brandon from my Mom's house (thanks for tending Mom!) and stopped for a treat at Cold Stone. Bring on summer!!
The last day of school Amanda was attending one party and I went to pick her up for another party. As I was driving along an empty country rode, I guess I got going pretty fast and sadly, a police officer was also driving on that same street! He followed for awhile, I'm sure to make me nervous and then pulled me over! Amanda got so nervous! I told him that I was sorry I was going fast and that I'd never had a ticket in my life! He said, "Let me see your registration." When he came back, he said that I hadn't signed my registration and that it's required by law to sign it. I thought he was going to ding me for that and speeding, but he told me that he would cite me for failure to sign and that way he's done his job, but he can give me a break, too! No speeding ticket! Bless him! It made a memorable afternoon!

1 comment:

Makell said...

You lucky devil! You have never had a ticket? Really? I wish I could say the same - although I have had a pretty good record until just recently. I'm glad you got out of it - !!