Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Soccer girl....and according to Brandon

Here is a random soccer picture from Amanda's last game. G&G Arveseth came up to watch her and afterward we grabbed some lunch at Maddox's in Layton. It was a beautiful, warm spring day! Amanda's team won. The score was something like 6 to 1. I usually lose track after the first 4 goals. As I watched her play this week, I was just really grateful that she loves soccer, grateful that she has a great coach, and grateful that she had a fun team!
There were a couple of things Brandon said this past week that really need to be written down. This is our family journal/scrapbook, so here it goes:

We were at a family function and I guess Brandon was a little bored waiting for dinner. He sat facing me on my lap and was blowing raspberries at me. Our kids went through a spitting at each other thing a couple of weeks ago. Gross! So, I told him to stop spitting or he'd have to go to time-out. He quickly replied, 'What is time out?' Hmmmm, do we ever discipline this kid?

Brandon has some cute made-up words. He says, 'next-morrow' for tomorrow, and 'fast-record' for fast forward (he's learning how to use the remote...very important skill for a male). The kids have also been discussing the nursery song, 'Where is Thumbkin' and how if you hold up 'Tall Man', then you are swearing because you are 'flipping the bird finger.' So, yesterday Brandon asked me, 'If I hold up my middle toe, is it swearing?'
And lastly, here is a picture of our house this spring. I think the only other picture I have of our house is from right after we moved in....no yard, no neighbors. I love how our hot pink phlox is growing all over the yard! The plants are finally filling in and now we are wanting to concentrate on the backyard. What a process! That's Amanda by the garage. Ciao!

No comments: