Saturday, December 5, 2009

Halloween catch-up

Has it been that long!?!?! Time seems to be speeding up and I get further and further behind. I was so greatful when Mike did all the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen this morning, because I knew I would be trying to catch up all day! Here it is 11pm and I'm still doing laundry. I just don't want to face another week behind.......so, I thought I would attempt to update the blog, too!
Here are the kiddos dressed up for Halloween 2009! Sydney was a pink ninja, Amanda a 50's girl and Brandon was a black stormtrooper. All 3 kids picked their costumes early and so I got them ordered fast. I thought they looked so cute!
We headed to the Hollingsworths for our traditional neighborhood potluck dinner. Then, all the kids leave from there and the trick-or-treating begins!! Here are the girls with Amanda's friends. L to R: Ellie Butler, Suzie Smith, Amanda, Susie Eams, Maddy Lloyd, Lizzie Wilson, Hanalee Hollingsworth, and Sydney in front!
Mike usually goes out with Brandon and some of our neighbors. I love to be home handing out the candy! This year was pretty warm again and so I sat out on the porch waiting for friends to come visit! It's so fun to see all the cute kids come by for candy.

Brandon didn't last long this year and was back in time to help me hand out candy. He was so cute! He would run to the door when he'd hear the bell ring, grab the candy bowl and hand out the candy! I think he had more fun doing this than going door to door himself. I guess it probably helps that he isn't a big candy eater. It was a lot of fun to watch him! Happy Halloween!

No comments: