Sunday, December 6, 2009

Welcome Christmas

So December has officially started! I have felt behind all week! The Christmas decoration boxes were just brought up from the basement by Mike & the kids Saturday morning.....and still they sit unopened!

We have been to a couple of parties. Mike & I went to the Stout family party Friday night. We were about an hour late due to traffic. I enjoy the south part of the Salt Lake valley, but the traffic is horrible! I'm a true small town girl now when it comes to traffic! Traffic congestion in Kaysville is when there are 6 cars at the light! We had a great time visiting and joking about Max Hall (the BYU Quarterback) and his comments. Mike's cousins are Utes and 'classless' commments were flying!

Saturday, we attended the Bishopric party since Mike is now financial clerk. We had a great time! The food was fantastic and so was the company. We played a couple of games. The second one we played was Guesstures and we played girls vs boys. Can I just say the girls smoked the men! We could point and get a word. This amazed the men....It was really fun to get to know these neighbors better!

Also on Saturday, the girls and I attended Abby Orison's baptism. Just before her baptism was to start, it started snowing and snowing hard! It probably snowed 1.5 inches. It was beautiful! What a great day for a baptism! I was lucky to play the piano for the meeting. It's not often that I get to do that anymore. Afterward, we had a great lunch at their home! Mike & Brando stayed home and shoveled walks.......

No comments: