Sunday, March 16, 2008

Piano Recital

Amanda playing 'My Teepee' and 'Prelude on C'
Sydney posing...but she played a duet with me, 'Pat-a-Cake'
Just playing catch-up here. LAST Saturday, I had my piano recital. It went really well and was more exciting than last year's because the kids can play more than beginner songs.
I had 21 one kids playing (one student didn't make it this year).
My favorite students are of course, my girls who did a fabulous job! Despite the fact that they don't get regular lessons from me. That's always a concern of mine...I don't want to short-change them because I have so many other students.
I'm also very proud of my friend, Nicole, who is 33 and taking lessons. She took as a child, but quit (like many kids), and now wishes she could play better.
We played a duet and she did a great job.
This year we just had it at the church, which was nice and close, but not as fancy as a recital studio. I think everyone preferred this location.
Brandon, Mike and his parents. My Dad behind Jim.



Brandon getting in on the action.

Me talking to a student who needs a lot of reassurance......

Afterward, we had the gparents over for a late lunch...a linner or lupper, if you will. We had a fun time with them and enjoy listening to our Dad's make plans for their double apartment in our basement.

Like they are all going to move in and we are going to take care of them....ya, right!

Thanks, Mom and Dad for giving me lessons when I was young and making me stick with it, even though I didn't practice much. You gave me the skills to be able to teach and influence a lot of young lives with music.

1 comment:

Makell said...

Jill - You are awesome! I can't believe how many students you have already....You seem to fit it in without becoming crazy mom like I would be. I'm really impressed.