Monday, April 23, 2007

We have a new niece!


Darin & Kat had their little girl today. Sydney, Brando and I went to the hospital as soon as we could. She is darling! Sydney LOVES babies and didn't want to stop holding her. And the golden question, "Are we going to have another baby in our family? Can we?" was non-stop all the way home (a 45 minute drive mind you!). Congrats D & Kat & Zach! She's soooo cute!
On another note: it's stress week here. Among other things, Mike and I have the ward party this Saturday. It's our first since being put in as Ward Activities Chairs here. We did this calling in our last ward, also. We have great commitee and are having a Fiesta themed party for the adults, complete with Latin dancing, pinatas and a chili eating contest. However, we had our first panic phone call from the food committe tonight~Emergency meeting set for tomorrow night! This calling is a fun one and we enjoy it, but the whole week before an activity is filled with stress!
Now add that to normal work, school, life, church, (and I'm being a hostess on Saturday morning for the Utah Heritage Foundation tour) stress and we will definately be glad when we get through Saturday! Pray for us!
One last note: If anyone knows Mike, you know how he feels about his cars. Well, last week, Brandon took a rock to the Caddy! I keep meaning to get out and get a picture, but it's been too late when Mike has gotten home. Anyway, at least the scratch was limited to the front side panel and I have to say that my hubby was so under control! I was so proud of him. I thought for sure he would lose it, but he didn't even raise his voice! I'm proud of you, babe! I'll post a picture soon so you all may share in our pain......(it's a good thing Brandon is cute!)

4 comments:

Hillary said...

A rock to the Caddy, huh? I'm surprised it was handled so well. What about Jim? Did he have much to say about it? Can't wait to see the pic of it.

I'm jealous you got to go see Makayla. I wish I could be there to meet her in person. I can't believe how much she looks like Zach. So what was your answer to Syd about, "can we have another baby?" :)

Hill

Jill said...

So I tried to take a picture of the scratch on the caddy, but you can't see it on a picture. It's not too noticeable unless you know where to look. I didn't answer Sydney on the baby question!

Jamie and Family said...

Jill, i think the anxiety of being activities chair would kill me off. hope it all went well, and sydney definitely needs a baby to take care of, c'mon Jill. :-)

Jamie

Jill said...

Hi Jamie! (and Hillary) I promise it's not me holding back on another baby! Timing isn't right at this time, but my problem is I'm OLD and in a year or so, I will be TOO OLD to try again! I am very grateful for the beautiful kids I have! PS: the activity went great! Thank Heavens for a fabulous activities committee! That makes a huge difference!