Sunday, April 1, 2007

Pistachiooooooooh






So, my family loves pistachios. When we bring out the mondo bag we always get for Christmas from G&G Arv, the kids go crazy. They are like little birds waiting for Mom or Dad to open the nut and give them the treat. Today, our very independent and bright, (almost) 2 year old decided that he could open his own pistachios...and he did! Cute moment, Brando!

We had the Grandpa's up for dinner tonight because both the Grandma's are out of town helping new babies. We had a fun time and the kids love to play and tease their Grandpas. We really enjoyed General Conference this weekend. I'm always a little sad when it's over and I really look forward to getting the Ensign so I can study the talks. Plus, I think we all feel a little more fulfilled after listening to the prophet and apostles.

A couple of weeks ago, the girls begged us to sleep on the air mattress. It was even a school night, but we gave in. They had their own little sleepover in the family room. They watch half a movie and then went right to sleep! Funny how the little things will make them so happy!
They both said they fell off the bed at some point during the night, but they still loved it!

Hard to believe we are into April already! Yesterday, Mike and worked hard in the front yard. We even edged and mowed the lawn. We bought 3 trees for the front garden and some flagstone. Luckily, we are supposed to get a little rain tomorrow, so we won't be able to work outside! Ha, ha. I actually love to work in the yard, but lately it seems there is so many other things to do, that taking on the yard this early feels a little overwhelming. I am excited to get my vegi garden going this year. I used to think that putting in a yard would be fun because we could do things exactly how we want them, but it takes forever to do it yourself. I also have thought of changing some things that are done already....like pouring more concrete! What it all boils down to is $$$$. I keep telling myself...it's a process or a journey (without a destination)! When we get the trees planted and the flagstone set, I will post a picture.


No comments: