Saturday, July 5, 2014

Where did June go?

I know June usually goes pretty quickly, but it seems I blinked and this one was over!
School was done the 30th of May, so that means we hit the ground running first week of June.
I started teaching Tuesdays and Wednesdays.  I love teaching fewer days and every summer think I need to work my fall schedule out so I'm only teaching a few days, but then more students have come and I end up teaching all 5 days of the week.
There were ballet rehearsals, which I have posted below.  Sydney's last ballet recital as a Clytie girl.  There were Luv2Dance tryouts and Amanda still recovering from her foot surgery.
Brandon got to go to his first scout camp - Camp Kiessel and to the Father & Son campout and he got his physical for football.
The McCleary's had us and a few neighbors over for a BBQ and swim.  We love John's new wife, Ana, so much! She is super sweet.  Great time to spend with the neighbors.  You would think because we live close that we'd talk all the time, but we really hardly see each other.
 Brandon's teacher send me this picture of the last day of school.  Although I hated her as a teacher when Amanda had her, I think she had improved a ton when Brandon had her.  She's still not anywhere near my favorite, but it was acceptable.
 Father's Day. I tried to get a good picture of Mike & our kids, but being true to form, they can't pose for a precious Father's Day picture.

On our way to visit the Grandpas for Father's Day look what happened.  We ended up having to stop at Target and buy Brandon all new clothes…right down to his underwear and socks because the girls were bugging him and hit him in the nose.  I'll say this day was memorable!


 Here are the pictures of Sydney's ballet rehearsal. We can't take pictures during the performance, but we can take no flash pictures during rehearsal.  A lot has changed since Sydney started, including friendships/carpools, but it's been a great experience. She danced beautifully!













Her dance was to Yankee Doodle.  The beauty of this ballet school is the girls dance to a live orchestra at the performances.  It is an amazing experience and quite different from any other studio.  Sydney looked stunning in her sapphire blue costume.  Although I'm excited for her future in dance (or if she returns to cheer like she keeps hinting), it is sad to say good-bye to ballet and the beginnings of her dancing life.

Here's a random picture from a month ago when my girls and I went to see The Fault in Our Stars…a book that we all read.  It was a great time, but a bawlfest! The book is sad and to see it come to life was even sadder!  The lady sitting by Amanda gave her a tissue from a box of tissues she brought! I was barely getting by using napkins! But, a great night with my girls!!

No comments: