Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Kindness

So, I decided after I dropped a 5 lb $10 jar of Adam's Peanut Butter and it exploded all over Costco's parking lot as I was moving it from my cart into the back of my Tahoe, to get my carpal tunnel fixed.
 Monday was the day.  Sad thing was that I wasn't on the surgery table until 4pm!  No food, water, gum, etc since the night before.  I was so thirsty! It did give me time to get the entire house cleaned and all the laundry/ironing done.  It was quick though.  I felt pretty good and was still numb, so we stopped by Amanda's soccer game afterward.  We saw the last 15 minutes of her game! They won!!
 The next morning everyone pitched in to help with making breakfast, lunches, tying shoes, dishes!  Brandon even folded the towels!  He was so sweet and so proud of himself for helping. He hadn't ever folded towels before.  I love him.  Ok, I love all of them!

The Primary gals brought in dinner on Monday.  Sydney helped me cover my hand and get my hair up so I could shower.  That night, I thought I was having major allergies, well, it ended up being a horrible cold! Boo!  Grahams sent cupcakes with their kids to piano (I taught 3 lessons Tuesday and canceled the last 3).  My visiting teacher, Jeni brought dinner last night.  So sweet and helpful!!  Nicole has offered to wash and style my hair today since I can't get my hand wet until Friday.  Lots of phone calls from sweet neighbors.  Syd is now home and sick and Amanda just texted from school feeling awful....can we catch a break?  I canceled all my lessons today and will be making them up on Friday.  Mike asked me if I'm done with surgeries now. YES!

I'm typing one handed and it's tiresome. So, one more thing...here is the mug Brandon made me while we were in st. george.  So cute!





No comments: