Saturday, May 26, 2012

Next up: Brandon's birthday!

The weather the morning of Brandon's birthday party (the day before his birthday) was a monsoon!  It rained and it poured for hours!
 All Brandon wanted was a big bouncy slide.  We had it ordered and ready to come.  The guy called me about 10am.  He wanted me to make a decision on the slide.  It was pretty clear to me that he thought I should cancel the slide.

 It was hard to make a call at 10am about a 4pm party.  So, he gave me another half hour to think about it.  It still rained and poured!

 So, I cancelled.  
And then I scrambled to find something for these 7 year olds to do for an hour and a half!
 And 4:00 came along and it was sunny and beautiful!
 Luckily, these boys love soccer!  So, they played while everyone was arriving.
 Then, we built towers out of toothpicks, marshmallows, tootsie rolls and gumdrops.
 This activity took forever! I was so happy!
 Tanner and Will
 Matthew and Miles

 Nick and Andrew
 Then came cake, ice cream and presents! 
 When Sydney got home from cheer, she helped run the present portion of the party!





Everyone was so generous with their gifts! Brandon loved them all!  Then, the boys discovered the balloons.  The next 20 minutes were filled with them blowing up balloons and me tying them.
So, we survived! I was tired, but so glad that we pulled it off and that Brandon was happy!!

1 comment:

Heidi Green said...

Holy cow, you guys were busy this weekend! Congrats to Syndey on her cheer comp. They seem to always do well. :)

Thanks for inviting Will - he had a great time. :)