Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Break...Hike

The first week in April was the kid's spring break from school.  They had an entire week off and even though we had the St. George house reserved, they didn't want to go anywhere.  Amanda had a soccer game on Monday and I was teaching piano Tuesday and Wednesday so it seemed we'd stay. I had a list a mile long of spring cleaning since I had little helpers, too!
Well, after 2 days of the break, the kids were begging us to take them to St. George!
 So, we quickly changed plans.  Mike couldn't come with us because of work and we missed him, but we are glad we went!  We left after my last piano lesson on Wednesday, stopped in Salt Lake and had lunch with Grandma & Papa Gib, picked up some stuff for Primary at the distribution center and then were on our way!
 All Brandon could talk about was going on a hike.  He, Mike & Max all did this hike the last time we were down.  He had such a great time that Dad told him to take us girls and show us where they hiked.
 Behind the neighborhood is a wide open area which is used for all sorts of recreation.  Hiking, biking, 4-wheeling, target shooting, etc.  We got up Thursday morning and headed out!
 Brando took the lead and led us through the rocky area.  We passed under 2 zip lines with people zipping across the canyon.  Then, the area opens up wide again.  We decided to climb up the canyon wall and come down the road.
 There was a barbed-wire fence at the top to keep vehicles out, but bikes and people can get through.
 This view behind our gorgeous girls is one of my favorite in St. George. So many contrasting colors!
 I taught the kids about cool light and warm light from my college photography class (we used slides...can you say ancient?) and we pointed out where Uncle Bud & Aunt Kay live.  We found our neighborhood and headed back home.
 Look at that muscle man!


 Oh, how we love this kiddos!

 "Mom bought us sugar cereal!"  Yep, that almost never happens except on vacation.  We spent the rest of the day shopping.  Seems everyone (including me) needed some spring weather clothes and also Easter dresses and a tie for B.  We had lunch at In & Out....Sydney's choice :) Yum!

Brandon bought this white mug at one of the stores and made me a cute 'Best Mom Ever' mug. I'll post a picture soon.  He is a sweet boy who always thinks I'm awesome!  I hope he never changes!

Friday, we spent time with the Flowers and with Scott, Kellie & kids......I'll post those pictures soon.....

Good choice to run south for the break, kids!

No comments: