Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sydney's Cheer Comp!

This year Sydney has taken up Cheer!  She LOVES it and that is an understatement!  Her very first cheer comp was this past Saturday. Yep, the first big snowstorm (at least in Davis County) of 2012.  Her comp was in PROVO! So, we had to leave about 6:45AM to get there in time.  It was a hairy drive through Davis County, but opened up pretty well the rest of the way down.
Mike stayed home with Amanda because she has ballet and snowboarding lessons on Saturdays.  Brandon and he also got haircuts and spent the morning building a Lego Star Wars set!
 Here are the girls giving themselves a cheer before they were 'on'
 Sydney is in the top right corner getting ready for a stunt.  She is on the left side of the group.
 Sydney is the gal with her knees bent closest to the front.
 I was trying hard to get some cute shots of their routine as well as watch the whole show.  They moved fast!!!

 Cute little pose by Sydney!  I guess I should have edited her red eyes before posting this one!
 Getting ready for a tumbling pass...
 Another stunt
 Jump! Good straight arms!
 Almost done!
Sydney and her friend, Sam.  Sam's mom and I hung out together and it was nice to make some new friends!  The best part, at least for the girls, was they came in FIRST PLACE! Way to go, Sydney!!

5 comments:

Heidi Green said...

So cute! I was on drill team with the owner of Lightbox (I'm assuming that's who Sydney's with because of the LBC). I secretly miss the world of cheer/dance. ;) BTW - I'd love to get our boys together, Will's a lego nut too. Do you think Bradon would want to come over?

Natty said...

Well hello, beautiful Sydney! She looks so grown up in those pictures! I'm glad you survived the drive down there.

Jill said...

It is Lightbox, Heidi! I didn't know you were a dancer! Brandon would love to play legos with Will....he's a big homebody though....but we can try!

@Nat, I know...she looks too grown-up!

Do anything you can afford said...

This brought back memories of when you were in Drill Club - I still have your yellow costume! Syd looks great - we look forward to seeing her tomorrow

Jill said...

Wow, Mom! I was thinking about drill the other day and remembering that awesome yellow costume! That was fun!