Thursday, July 14, 2011

TMI? Skip it if you don't want details...

So, this may be more info than the reader needs, but remember it's my family journal, so you get all the details!

The Tuesday after we returned from Lake Powell, I had a little surgery to get some permanent birth control. Mike and I have been discussing having more kids for awhile and it just didn't seem to work out. Eventually, we decided that we have our beautiful children here. Although, we are very sad not to have had more because we are enjoying our kids so much.

Mike was going to take care of making sure there weren't any surprise babies, but his schedule is so busy, this wouldn't happen until September and maybe even later. Since I have more time to recuperate, I decided that I would take on this responsibility!

The biggest concern for me was that I hadn't ever been under...not for wisdom teeth or anything. But, things went well and I was up and at my regular routine the next day. The funny part about this is I have gone to a new ob/gyn that my friend had recommended and he ended up to be the brother of a friend of mine from AT&T! They look very similar and even talk the same, so it was funny. When Mike met him the day of my surgery, he said it was like talking to Sean. When I came out of surgery, I kept repeating the same story to Mike about 4 times before I even realized I was awake. That was weird. I also told someone, 'No More Babies' and when I asked Mike if I told him that, he said no. Then, I started to cry.....My recovery nurse was sweet and handed me a tissue and told me that it's ok because this is emotional.

Part two of this story is that I went back this week for an ablation. Now, my anesthesiologist recognized our last name as a former mission companion of his. We told him we would probably know his comp because there are only 7 Arveseth's that had served missions and we figured out he knew Scott! He had high praise for Scott and said he really respected him and wanted us to tell Scott he'd love to get in touch sometime. He told me his number is in the phone book and which street he lives on! Seriously, everyone knows everyone in Davis County. This is a close-knit community which we are now starting to appreciate. I woke up better from being under this time and Mike kept teasing me trying to get me to repeat the same story over and over again, but I was with it this time!!!!

This surgery was a little rougher and I really haven't felt well until today. The pain was so bad on the day of surgery and I ended up taking the heavy pain killers (that I didn't need with the last one). Then, I started throwing up! Mike had gone back to work when he had me all settled and Amanda was a great nurse! She checked on me every few minutes, kept the kitchen clean and stood by me while I puked. What a lucky Mom I am to have her!

My sweet friends, Nicole and Emily made sure our family had fabulous yummy dinners for two nights and have been ready at any moment to help. I'm lucky to have such cute friends that put up with what a nerd I am!

So there we are! I'm finally feeling back to normal and am able to just take a little ibuprofen to get through the day. My other friend, Elise, had surgery the day after me and so I'm off in a little while to pay the kindness forward and make her some of my guac!

3 comments:

Makell said...

I wish I had known sooner - I hope you are feeling better!

Jill said...

No worries, Makell!

Heidi Green said...

I'm glad all is back to normal now but bummed the 2nd procedure was harder. I had to google ablation... am I clueless, or what?!

I want to talk more details about this. Matt's been planning on getting taken care of for more than 2 years now and I'm about ready to take things into my own hands as well.