Monday, January 10, 2011

Merry Christmas to me!

For about the last 3 or 4 years, I have been planning to get some curtains up in our family room. That back wall was long and had nothing to break it up. I have been looking at every home magazine and website I could find, trying to decide exactly what I wanted. I even purchased some maroon-colored drapes that I found on clearance last year, but in the end decided that's not what I wanted for the family room.
I did have Mike help me hang those in the piano room since they match a few things in there.
So, anyway, when my Mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I told her I just really wanted some drapes! Being the excellent seamstress that my Mom is (a talent that skipped me), she was up for the challenge! We met one Tuesday in December and hit the fabric stores. We finally decided on this beautiful green which just happened to be on a really good sale.
We ended up needing to get a little more and that's why we have the cool cream colored stripe/hem at the bottom. But I like it!
Mom finished them up just last week...just in time for my recipe group to meet at my house.
I smile everytime I walk in the room!
It just looks so good to me and makes the room feel cozy and finished!
Thank you Mom! Loves!

1 comment:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Pretty!!! Isn't it amazing how much drapes can change a room?