Thursday, October 8, 2009

I'm so glad they know....

Last night I was feeding the kids fish sticks for dinner (it was one of those days....don't judge), and I told Brandon I was going to save some for Dad since he wasn't home from work yet. Brandon asked me why. I told him because Dad is the best and we love him we want him to have something to eat when he got home. Brandon asked me why again...I tried to explain some more reasons by telling him that Dad makes the money to buy the fish sticks so he should get some of them.

Brandon said, "Why does he make the money?" And before I could answer, Brandon said, 'Oh, because he loves us!"

Such a simple statement from our darling 4 year old, but it made me pause and think. I am so glad that the kids know their Dad does things for them because he LOVES them!

No comments: