Friday, January 1, 2016

Summer 2k15

Summer months kind of melt together. I'm not sure which month I am on...only that I am still behind and now we have progressed in to a new year! Happy 2016!
I don't remember blogging about this yet, so forgive me if I have already.  
This is a story about my friend who is an amazing photographer!  She called me up one evening saying she had a shoot cancel, but had already rented the 'light' or something and didn't want to waste the opportunity or money to use it.  She wanted to get her daughter, Paige, and Sydney and some of their friends together, dress them in white and take them to the Salt Flats and capture the Milky Way.
 Well, first she wanted to go to Alta and capture it there, but it would be hiking in the dark and I was a tad nervous. She had me check the weather forecast and once we decided it was going to be cloudy, we changed locations.  She wanted to go to the Salt Flats and also the area around Saltair to shoot.
 At first, I told her Sydney couldn't go because she had dance....so it wasn't in July for sure (I wish I could remember when! I'll figure it out).  Then, when I realized they were going anyway and that Sydney would have missed this cool outing, I relented and told Brenda we'd tag along!
 We stopped by H&M and grabbed a white dress.....
 Ran to her house and traveled west!  These pictures are from the banks of the Great Salt Lake by Saltair.  So much fun!  There are more that I'll add if I can.  L to R, Bentley, Sydney, Hannah, Paige, Morgan & Sophie.  Cute girls who had a blast!  The mosquitos came out about dusk and we had to RUN to the car to get away from them! It was probably about 9:30p and we started heading to the Salt Flats after a quick gas station stop and french fry run.  I was thinking Brenda is crazy!  I've never been to the Salt Flats and it was already so late, but she starts coming alive about this time and so I told her I was up for the adventure.  Well, the Salt Flats and the pictures we got there ARE SO COOL!  It was midnight when we got there?  (We got home about 2:30a or 3:00am, so I'm remembering).  The salt was soft! The girls ran around without shoes on.  They could run 20 steps away from the car and we couldn't see them anymore! Amazing.......
 Before we left, I asked Brenda to please take a picture of Sydney doing an arabesque...I'm sure that's the wrong spelling...but I just knew it would be an awesome picture!
Here it is! That is the Milky Way behind her. A photo taken outside on the Salt Flats! Amazing! She ended up getting recognized by a photography website and won the weekly award for it.  I had cropped it, but when it came into the blog, it undid the crop.  Anyway, I was excited that my idea came out like I wished! I knew Sydney would look awesome and I knew that Brenda could taker his picture and bring it to life! She would focus in the dark, the light would snap as she took the picture and because the lens had to stay open so long, we weren't sure what we would get....but I'd say it was perfection!  Such a fun adventure! Not something I can do all the time as it takes me a long time to recover from losing sleep these days, but so worth it!

 In July, one of Amanda's EFY buddies, Taylor, came and stayed with us a few days!  Taylor and her cousin, Sadie, were Amanda & Liz's partners in crime at the Y.  Taylor is from Arizona and Sadie is from Vegas.  Cute girls!

 Some Sydney & Brandon and dog selfies to follow....











 Independence Day is a big deal in our small town.  Parade in the morning, carnival all day and the fireworks show at the high school at night.  Everyone shows up!  Blankets line the grassy areas saving spots for family and friends.  Sydney was hanging with her friends.  The Clingers found them and really enjoyed being by all of Addy's friends.  This is Trinity hugging Sydney & Paige.
 Paige & Sydney & Sophie
 Add in a few more...Tanner, Mason, Autie, Hayden and Griffy....

 The fireworks are always awesome, but this year, there was a glitch and it ended early.  They sent people through the crowds saying it wasn't over, but after awhile decided to save the unused fireworks for the next year...




 Amanda hangs with her friends and Maddy never lets the night pass without a photo op.  You'll see the collage at the bottom of at least 3 years of photo ops :)

 Lots of memories and history with these two cute girls! Glad they have stayed friends through the years (and boyfriends)

 Sara, Slinds, ?, Jason, Joey & Amanda



No comments: