Wednesday, March 12, 2014

It's March?

 Oh, I have been so bad at getting the blog updated!  Where did February go? Or January? The following pictures of the Bailey's Jazz clinic are from January 22nd.  We had Derrick Favors and Alex Burks.






 Super nice guys and Brandon was in Heaven! This year we were at the ESA, instead of the practice facility.  It was pretty cool to be able to be on the actual floor and in the arena where the Jazz play their games!
 We even got a tour of the locker rooms!  Above is Amanda trying to have a press conference. She's even on her tippy-toes, but is still too short for the mics!


 Earlier that week, over MLK day, Mike took Sydney and Brandon to St. George. I stayed home with Amanda so she could go snowboarding.  Mike sent me this picture one morning saying he was sleeping on the couch! Their trip was so short, they just wanted to use one room to make the cleaning when it was time to go less time-consuming :)  After they got home, Mike & Amanda played hooky and went skiing/snowboarding on a school/work day.  I love that they do that!
 Into February, we got to sit in the Baileys seats and go to the dinner beforehand.  Mike had talked to some Jazz helpers at the clinic asking for 1 more ticket for this game.  Ends up they gave us two.  Amanda brought Chezney and all the kids sat in the Baileys seats.  Mike & I ended up on the 3rd row behind the Jazz! It was pretty stinking cool!  At halftime, you go back to where the dinner was and get nachos, cookies, popcorn, drinks….and then I let Brandon go sit with Mike.  Fun night!
 I thought this picture was so funny :)  Liz Wilson doing a selfie while her dad, Brad, walks in her room..
 We hung out with the Wilsons in St George over Presidents Day weekend since they have purchased a  house not far from our place.
 Sometimes, we find multiple random pictures….I love them though….


 Then, we got Bailey's seats again!  Amanda wanted to stay home and hang out, so it was just the 4 of us.  Dinner, treats and fun because the Jazz won that game, too!


 Valentines Day….Brandon let me help make his box.  The girls always liked to do their own.  He was so happy with it and so appreciative saying he loved it and thanks Mom!  YAY!
 These are Sydney's valentines….a lot of work!
 I was hacked by Sydney and her friend, Emma Olson.
 It warmed up a bit, so Max and I hit the trail. The dog likes to run!
 As I am organizing my new office, I found this poem.  I think Sydney wrote it! I'll have to ask her again.  It's from 3rd grade and I think it's so cute!
 We let Amanda miss another day of school to go boarding/skiing with Chezney.  Amanda loves it so much! That's all she wants to do:)
 While she was boarding, I hung up her gallery wall. It's not all finished and she doesn't have all her pictures in, but at least the frames are off the floor. It's pretty fun to look at all her pictures.
 I love this picture of Amanda and Taylor Woods sliding down the mountain on their snowboards because it was so steep!  A rare moment where Amanda had a little fear….
 Another little surprising selfie from Amanda and Sydney.  Taken when I asked her to go pick Brandon up from Scouts because I was teaching piano. Amanda didn't have her learners permit yet…but we let her drive in the neighborhood.  She told me they were parked when they took this, thankfully.
 Another girl selfie in Dad's truck….
 I thought Amanda's hair looked so pretty hanging off the couch while she had a nap.  This is just before we cut 6 inches off.  You can hardly tell it's shorter and it makes it soooo much easier to do her dance hair…..
 We took Amanda off her soccer team.  Alignment (freezing the roster for spring season) was due in January and because she hadn't been going to practices, the fact that dance comp season is starting so she wouldn't make games, and the bunion on her foot that is painful and she doesn't want to get kicked, we pulled her off the team.  That also meant I am done being team manager! Yay!  I helped them through the President's Day tournament and will help randomly if they need it, but my life has become less hectic because I'm not worried about soccer and managing that team!  Since we still had the condo for P day weekend, we went to St George anyway.  We saw some of the team's games and watched some kids in the neighborhood's games and some of the boys from Amanda's school, as well as Maddie Arveseth's, too.  It was a fun weekend. She was a little sad, but overall I think she's probably relieved to not have to worry about soccer.

 Here's the kids as we climbed the rocks above the city.  We ran into a bunch of people we knew here.  Later, we had a bbq with a bunch of the friends that were there for the tournament. That was a fun time, too!  Love getting together and everyone's schedules match up in St. George!
 Look at that blue sky…no editing done at all.  And the picture was with an iPhone!





Good times!

No comments: