Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I don't know about you, but I'm feelin' 22!

How can it be that we have been married 22 years already?  It just seems to have flown by.  I got married at 22, so I have lived with Mike longer than anyone else! ;)

We have been blessed with 3 amazing children whom we love so much!  We've been blessed with so many things that I can't even begin to list.  It hasn't always been perfect and there have been hard times.  But those times have cemented our relationship and our family and we know we can work through anything.

We are grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives and for a loving Heavenly Father.  We have turned to him and to the blessing of the Atonement through hard times and in good times.  We know that we have to have Heavenly Father in our marriage to sustain us through 
our eternal commitment to each other.


We watched our wedding video with the kids last week. The kids laughed their heads off at Grandma Arvy's hair!  They laughed at my hair.  But, it was fun to look back at the beginning of our lives together.  To see us fixing up the duplex with the family. To see Tucker.  To see video of family members who have passed away.  We watched my brother's videos as well. This time we had Amanda and I was pregnant with Sydney.  Amazing to look back and see the beginnings of our little family.

Time seems to be speeding forward.  I can't believe we have lived in our Kaysville house longer than we lived in our Murray house!  I can't believe we will have a high school sophomore in a few short months.  I can't believe we will have all 3 kids in different schools. Even Brandon was feeling that saying he was a little sad he won't ever be in school with the girls again.

All I can say is I'm so grateful for my life. I'm so grateful that after 22 years and many more pounds and grey hairs, that Mike still loves me!  I'm so grateful for these 3 children that our Father in Heaven has blessed us with.  I'm so grateful for my parents, Mike's parents and our brothers, their wives (my only sisters) and our nieces and nephews.  We've been blessed with good friends and good pets, too.  We've been blessed with good grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.  I'm looking forward to the next 22 years and beyond.  So grateful that we have reached this milestone.  There are many people around us that haven't stayed married past 20 years and it's sobering….and yet gives me much hope for our life together!  I love you Mikey! I love you Amanda, Sydney & Brandon!

1 comment:

Do anything you can afford said...

Great memories and so glad for your commitment to each other. After 47 years, I can attest that all you said is very important in our lives. Love you so much and am very proud of you and your beautiful family.