Friday, July 12, 2013

Last of Lake Powell

 Maddy....she got some really rough water....
 The men...Mikey, Adam & Brad
 Amanda, Maddy and Susie on the tube. Liz tried it, but the water splashed too much. She's not much for water anyway...

 Me & Jeni (I didn't get a picture of Melanie before they left)
 We went out on Brad's boat on Tuesday. Finally a beautiful Lake Powell kind of day without wind or boat issues!  The Lloyds and the 4 older girls went home on Monday night so that the girls could go back for summer gym and Adam had to be back for work.
 Anyway, one can surf on Brad's boat! So, Sydney tried and got up! We were so happy for her! Especially since she had a bad fall on the wakeboard earlier in the day and wouldn't get out and try again. We were so happy when she wanted to try and then she actually did it!  Way to be Syd!

 The cool thing is that she pulls herself closer to the boat to find the sweet spot in the wake.  At that point she could let go of the rope, but was nervous to do that. I don't blame her.  She's so close that you could have a conversation without yelling!





 Brandon was so tired! For sure not enough sleep for this 8 year old!  My boys! Love them!

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll get back to Lake Powell this year.  So sad! We love it there so much! We were so grateful for the chance to go with the Arvelloysons again!!!

1 comment:

Natty said...

Your girls look awesome on the wakeboard! I love the hot water weanie helmets! These posts remind me of going to lake Powell every year with my bf. you guys are awesome to let your kids take friends along. I'll have to tell you the story sometime of how I was stranded in the lake without my swimming suit. Awesome.