Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

Drama is a good word to describe our Halloween day for 2012.
 We had a good day.  I taught a group piano lesson and it worked well.
 I started making dinner. Mummy hot dogs and loaded nachos.  Then both girls had friends over. 
 I guess long gone are the days when we get to have just our kids on Halloween. I even tried to get Sydney's friends to leave and have her meet them later, but after Amanda showed up with her friends, it was over.
 So, I fed Amanda, Ally and Reggie and offered food to Sydney's friends who politely declined. 
 Sydney and her friends were meeting up with some boys and she wanted to leave. I told her I wanted pictures of my kids.  She had a meltdown.  The pictures above are me, Amanda and B waiting for Sydney outside.  Sydney was changing into her costume and Mike was encouraging her to come outside for a picture. Then, we took too long (spraying Amanda's hair blue) and she melted down again.
 So, then I had to threaten her that she wouldn't trick or treat unless I get a picture. So, she changed back into her Elmo costume and we got these pictures.  Aren't they awesome?

 Then she was gone....changing into her 'street' clothes so she could go find her friends before they went to get (back) into their costumes.  

 But the other two are always up for a photo shoot!
 I drove Sydney over to meet her friends and after some prodding, she got out of the car and met up with them. We saw her later that night and she was having a blast. The previous drama over.  Konnor is the latest boy to make her heartbeat and she brought him by to meet us and Max.  After she got home, her friend, Addy, started drama by saying that she was so upset that Konnor loves Sydney and not her (Addy).  Oh my GIRLS! We had a nice talk about friends and how they should be supportive.

 These are Amanda's friends who were hanging out with us on Halloween.  Here is Amanda's drama.  She how she is Thing 1? Well, there is a Thing 2, Thing 3, and Thing 4 running around without her.  They wouldn't answer texts, phone calls....even when Amanda went to one of their houses to ask them if they were all going together, they ignored her (this happened last year, too).  So, she went with these nice kiddos.  We made Reggie put on a costume because he came with a byu shirt on.....bad.
They all went out for awhile and then ended up back at our house to watch a  movie until 9pm.  There were also a few more boys that joined the group including Jake E and Ben R and someone else I don't know.  The kids in the picture are Randy, some kid I don't know, Carson, Ally, Erynn, Mary, Amanda and Reggie.

Mike & Brandon went together starting out with Brandon's friends.  Brandon had a hard time keeping up with the boys that were running since he's still limping, so soon it was just Mike & B.  Mike said Brandon was just fine hanging out with his Dad on Halloween. I mentioned to Mike to enjoy that because it won't last unfortunately.  They did quite a bit of the neighborhood before they came back home and Brandon took over handing out the candy.  We ran out. I don't know how many pieces I had, but probably around 800.

There was a really good spook alley down the street put on by the Cheneys who gave all the $ to charity.  The Wilsons house was fabulous and they had added quite a few full sized monsters in their yard this year.  The Elliotts house was Harry Potter.  I heard the Hennenbergers did a swamp in their garage this year and handed out scones.  Mike is inspired to do something cool to give us an 'anchor' house down at this end of the street.  I did have a few people ask where our root beer was this year.  We'll have to do it again next year when there isn't so much drama!

I'm taking down all the Halloween decor right now and moving on to the season of Thankfulness!

No comments: