Sunday, September 18, 2011

Janice's funeral

Janice's funeral was beautiful. Flowers adorned every corner of their chapel. Their choir sang beautiful music and beautiful words were spoken about this beautiful soul. 'Nice' was a word that was used constantly to describe Janice. Phil even pointed out that 'nice' was in her name...as the last four letters. She was without guile and a true follower of our Savior, Jesus Christ. My Mom did so great on her talk. I thought she would cry so much she wouldn't be able to speak, but she held it together and did great! My brother, Roger, did an amazing video tribute that played during the viewing. I only got to view the first two pictures before I was crying too hard to watch the rest.
Here is my Dad as a pallbearer.
Here is my Dad dedicating the grave
My sweet uncle, Gary
Phil and Drew leaving their pallbearer flowers on the casket
Amanda, Elyse and Brandon
My cute parents
Janice & Gary's family with my parents (minus Grace and the kids)
Mom and Sharon and Ryan
Karen & Don's family
Dan and Stacie
Garrett
After the family lunch, we headed to Hale Center Theater to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat with Mike's family. Jim & Renae had given us tickets for Christmas last year. The play was awesome and we had a great time!
Since last Christmas, Matt & his family had moved to PA, so my parents came on the extra tickets. They hadn't seen the show before and were excited. It was really nice for them to have something to do after the funeral. I know they probably went home and crashed afterward :)
Brandon at the funeral
Pictures at the play!

No comments: