Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Festivities!

Sydney and I made pumpkin sugar cookies.....Nice job, Syd!
Our Arveseth family party got unexpectedly canceled for Thursday, so we decided to meet Scott & Kellie's family for dinner anyway. (Mike was in Denver) So, we met them at Fat Cat's in the Millcreek area. It was fun to hang out and chat and afterwards we took the kids bowling. It took soooo long for 6 kids to bowl one game, but it was fine with us because we got to chat and hang out. We all had a great time! Thanks for meeting us, Scott & Kellie & Co.
Nice pose, Amanda!
Sydney & Maddie playing games
Brandon wanted me to take pictures of him while he was bowling....too cute!
Yes!
Cute cousins! Amanda, Emily, Maddie, Sydney, Zac and Brandon
Amanda in purple hat
I helped with the Halloween classroom parties in all three kids classes...on the same day. Brandon's was in the morning. I borrowed a bean bag toss from a neighbor as my game. They were so cute, those little kindergarteners! But, I had left my camera in my car.
Then, I was supposed to be in Sydney's classroom at the same time I was supposed to be in Amanda's. Somehow, I signed up for both....anyway, I took the same bean bag game to the 3rd grade classroom and just asked another parent there to run the game for me. I felt bad I couldn't help Sydney, but this is probably the last class party I'll do for Amanda. So, I headed to the 6th grade party. We played musical chairs...without moving chairs. They passed a bag full of costume items around and when the music stopped, whomever was holding the bag closed their eyes, reached into the bag and wore whatever item they pulled out. (thanks for the idea, Tiff) It was really fun until the last group came through with some really, really wild boys. I was glad they were last! But, it was fun to be there and put faces with names. I stuff the 'Monday folders' for Amanda's class. That means I just file into the take home folder whatever the teacher needs filed....every Monday morning.
Fun week all leading up to Halloween!

No comments: