Thursday, January 8, 2009

I am grateful...

I have a few posts to catch up on...including Mike's details from New Orleans, but I just have to go here first.

Ever since we moved to Kville, I have enjoyed a million beautiful sunsets! I don't know if it's because we live in a area with small trees....or if it's the direction our house faces now or what. But, almost every night, I can look out from the front of our house and enjoy an AMAZING display. And I'm always telling the kids to LOOK! I think they believe I'm crazy.


Tonight's sunset was GORGEOUS! I was running late to get the girls somewhere and couldn't run back for my camera, so I just took the picture with my camera phone.
The photo doesn't do this sunset justice. It had the most amazing colors...including what looked like spots of rainbows peeking through the clouds. This was the best sunset of all!
I am grateful to my Heavenly Father that in the middle of frozen tundra January, that we have had a couple of days of life-giving sun to lighten our spirits and
the to top it off with this display of His glorious creations!

2 comments:

d.r. gib said...

I think you are crazy, but the sunset is gorgeous

Roger Gibson said...

Wow - That's beautiful. Whenever I take pictures of sunsets they never turn out like that!