Monday, March 19, 2012

Cabin injury #2-Gory picture to follow....

We went to Kellie's family cabin again with Mike's family this past weekend.  If you remember back to the first time we went, Amanda got burned on a 4-wheeler's exhaust pipe. After I tell you this story, I'll be surprised if they invite us back!

Well, the kids had been out playing the snow and I was out taking pictures of them.  I will show those soon.  Mike went out with Scott to snowmobile.  When I came in, Mike said, 'We need to go to the hospital.'   I totally thought he was joking and he had to show me before I believed him.
 Oh yes....let's go to the hospital.  The snowbank he was standing on collapsed (as we all experienced many times while sledding) and he fell on something.  We cannot figure out what, but he has a good, clean slice right through the skin on his knee.

 Doesn't he look happy?  The PA volunteer ended up knowing Doug, so we had a good chat.  The doctor was funny.  He asked Mike what he does and when he said, CFO, the doctor asked him what that stands for.  I thought it was weird, but I guess if you are a doc in Heber City, you may not have much need for a CFO. ;)
 So, he ended up with 8 stitches in his knee.  3 on the inside (that was the only part that made me queasy...watching the doc sew the inside together) and 5 on the outside as you can see. It looks very Frankenstein-ish.  He has a couple other good scrapes, too.

Last night he was chilling and realized his side and hip hurt, too.  But, today he's doing much better.  The doc said he stitched it really well and so he doesn't have to limit activity, but hey, I told him to milk it for all it's worth!

1 comment:

Natty said...

I'd stay far away from that cabin, Jill! Or at least those cursed four wheelers! That looks nasty!